Thursday, January 10, 2019

KOMPETENSI PROFESIONAL: REFLECTION M2 LA2

Reflective Summary M 2 LA 2


To review your understanding about what you have learnt in Learning Activity2, consider the following questions:

a. What have you learnt from Learning Activity 2?

b. What do you need to do when you are expected to write a recount text?

c. Does an outline empirically help you write a recount text? What does your experience tell you about it?


1. From Learning Activity 2, I have learnt:


a. Definition of Recount Text
Recount text is a kind of text that retells events or experiences in the past. The purpose of recount text is to inform or to entertain the readers or the audiences. There is no complication among the participants.

b. The generic Structure of Recount text
- Orientation: Information about an event and its setting. It provides details of who, what, when, where, or why.

- Events: Describing series of event that happened in the past in chronological events. What happened? First ….. Second ….. Next ….. Soon ….. During ….. After ….. Later ….. Eventually ….. Finally …

- Reorientation: Stating closure, conclusion, or summary of the events that explains about what the writer think, feel, or decide about the events

c. The Lexico-grammatical Features of Recount Text
- Introducing personal participant: I, my school, my group, etc

- Using chronological connection: first, then, after that, ..etc

- Using linking verb: was, were, saw, heard, etc

- Using action verb: look, go, change, etc

- Using simple past tense





2. I need to structure the story in the recount text in a way that makes senses while using language that matches the same purpose. I need to know how language is used to structure the text and how the language features are used in recount writing to achieve the purpose. I also need to develop on understanding of how different audiences and purposes of recount texts determine the language choices to be made. This language is influence by:

a. Purpose: what do I want my writing to do or achieve?

b. Audience: for whom am I writing? Or whom am I writing as?

c. Attitude: how will I make my audience feel?



Here are steps of making recount text.
- Pick an appropriate title. Most recounts have title, and that title should summarize the text in a few words

- Set the orientation. The orientation includes all of the background details the reader will need to understand.

- Recall and relay the correct sequence of events. We have to make sure that the events are in chronological order.

- Re-orient the reader: near the end of the recount, it is necessary to note the setting again to tie things up and remind the reader of what the story was about. It can also include personal opinion about what happened or conclusion about the activities or events.





3. Yes, it does. An outline empirically helps me write a recount text. it gives my writing structure and helps me organize my thoughts from start to finish and write better. By creating outline, I can figure out how I would like the past stories to be retold for the readers or the audiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment