Thursday, January 10, 2019

KOMPETENSI PROFESIONAL: ASSIGNMENT M3 LA4




Assignment M3 LA 4

Instructions
Follow the instructions to prepare writing a spoof text.

·         Think of a funny incident that happened to you.
·         Here are some questions to help you add necessary and interesting information to your story.
1.      Who was involved in your story?
Assistant of the photocopy operator, the owner of the photocopy business
2.      Where did it happen?
Dinda’s Photocopy
3.      When did it happen?
Two days ago
4.      What are the important events in the story?
-          I wanted to print and copy the students’ paper test.
-          The assistant of photocopy operator helped me to print and copy the students’ paper test.
-          She asked about the size of paper. She told that HVS size is same with F4 size.
-          I explained that HVS is one of the kinds of paper and F4 is one of the sizes of paper

Note: HVS is an abbreviation of Houtvrij Schrijfpapier (Dutch), which means kind of writing paper free of wood fiber.

·         Follow the rhetorical steps of spoof texts: orientation, events, and twist.

HVS Paper Size VS F4 Paper Size
Orientation
The story happened two days ago when I was busy for preparing the students’ daily test. I went to Dinda’s Photocopy for printing and copying the students’ paper test.
Events
-       The assistant of photocopy operator helped me to print and copy the students’ paper test.
-       She asked about the size of paper. She told that HVS size was same with F4 size.
Twist
She misunderstood about the term of ‘size of paper’ and ‘kind of paper’


Writing Spoof Text:
HVS Paper Size VS F4 Paper Size

Two days ago, I was busy at school in preparing my students’ daily test 1. After I arranged the questions for the tests, I went to Dinda’s photocopy which is located in front of our school. I wanted to print and copy the students’ paper test. The assistant of photocopy operator helped me to do it. It seemed that she is a new worker there. She asked me what size of paper that I would like to use. I told her F4 size. Then she said “Oh, that’s HVS size, sister”. She also reaffirmed that HVS paper size is same with F4 size. Then I replied calmly, “No, they are different. HVS paper is the kind of paper that I want, but the size of it is F4 or folio size”. I mentioned some other sizes of paper like quarto, A4, A3, etc. After nodding head, she printed and copied my students’ paper test without saying anything. Then, the owner of photocopy looked and smiled at her. He offered a bottle of drink for her. We laughed together.





No comments:

Post a Comment